The National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) is a non-profit research and graduate education institute created to conduct leading-edge aerospace and atmospheric research, develop new technologies for the nation and help inspire the next generation of scientists and engineers.
“To be a recognized leader in innovative aerospace research, exemplary education, and inspirational outreach.”
– Lead and conduct synergistic research with government, academia and industrial partners to stimulate innovation and creativity
– Deliver unique, collaborative, and comprehensive graduate and continuing education in science and engineering
– Inspire the next generation of aerospace engineers and scientists and provide outreach for the public good
– Incubate and commercialize new intellectual property developed through NIA’s research activities
– Establish collaborative research and education centers that are internationally recognized for important intellectual contributions in aerospace-related engineering, science, and technology.
– Remain strategically aligned with NASA Langley and respond to NASA’s research and development, education, and outreach priorities as they evolve.
– Develop and grow non-NASA support for research, education and outreach programs, including a robust collaborative research program with the global aerospace industry.
– Collaborate closely with university partners in fulfilling NIA’s vision
– Attract the highest quality researchers, faculty, and students to conduct a collaborative, multi-disciplinary education and research program.
– Our people are our strength
– Dedication to every stakeholder’s success through excellent service
– Innovation in research and education that impacts future generations
– Trust and accountability in all relationships
– We share one vision and act as one Team
– We embrace change and reward innovation